We had another cracker of a festive weekend here at Trevena Cross last weekend. It was great to see smiles on so many faces – kids small and big!… and a sense of real relaxed enjoyment we have been missing for so long, particularly in public spaces. Now we’re gearing up for the final round of markets and festive fun THIS WEEKEND (18th-19th December).
We are extremely low on Christmas trees and don’t anticipate having any left by the weekend. However, most of you hopefully have your tree by now (thank you to all of you who have made your tree a Trevena Cross one this year!) and can focus on the photos, food, fun and shopping part of a festive visit instead!
So what can I enjoy this festive weekend?
- Fabulous photo opportunities – with plenty of snow adding plenty of extra excitement! PLUS it’s your last chance to have a go at naming our new penguin band! Share your photo with the penguin band on Facebook (#trevenapenguins) along with your suggested band name, and if we select your name you’ll bag a nice stocking filler – £20 of Trevena Cross Gift Vouchers!
- Wonderful food & drink traders forming our festive market – from powerful rum to moreish liqueurs, irresistible cakes to indulgent pies, our traders can supply you with a wonderful pre-Christmas treat or Christmas gift.
- Street food – luscious crepes, pizza topped fries, Korean chicken and delicious coffee
- A shop full of goodies – its true our Christmas stock is fast depleting but we should still be able to provide some cheer with lights, decs, gifts and everything Christmas this weekend!
- The Garden Kitchen Cafe offering the ultimate dining experience – perhaps outside in our undercover area where you can relax and soak up the atmosphere, and enjoy tunes by the now locally renowned Penguin Band!
With plenty of free parking, and great disabled you can bring the whole family along for some real festive fun!
A little note on the missing guest at the party…
There have, as expected, been murmurings about the missing guest at the party – that big man in red. We do hope that Father Christmas hasn’t been too missed this year. Having decided not to host our grotto in light of covid and the feelings surrounding public interactions (e.g Father Christmas in a face covering, managing an enclosed grotto space etc) we felt it best to avoid any confusion or difficult management by keeping the big man out of our plans altogether. We instead decided to rely on his many festive animal friends for entertainment! We appreciate for some, this may have come as a disappointment, but we do hope that overall, we have more than made up for his absence with the other festive displays we have to offer. Thank you all for your understanding and for fully embracing pre-Christmas 2021 at Trevena Cross!