We currently have an exciting full-time opportunity for a Plant Nursery Assistant to join our horticultural team at our nurseries to help ensure that the nursery stock is grown to the highest quality. Our nurseries span across 35 acres so there is never a shortage of plants that need tending and jobs that need completing.
• Carrying out roles as required to produce plants in our nursery
• Operating nursery machinery such as potting machine, seeder & transplanting machine
• Offloading deliveries and movement of stock and plant materials around the nurseries
• General maintenance and plant care – could include watering & irrigation, weeding, pruning, propagation, cleaning etc
• Labelling of products
• Grading and sorting plants as required
• Pest and disease control in polytunnels, and across wider nurseries and garden centre. Could include spraying, biological pest control and rodent control
• General maintenance and repairs to fences, tunnels, irrigation and working areas
• Supporting the Nursery Manager and the rest of the team with jobs and duties as required
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties, and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation.
• A passion for plants with good general plant knowledge, and an eagerness to develop this to a greater depth.
• Horticultural experience (all levels and types of experience will be considered)
• The ability to work in all weathers, have a positive can-do attitude & good level of fitness
• The right candidate will be reliable, honest, trustworthy, and a hard worker
• A driving license is desirable, as the plants require moving around the nursery and down to the garden centre
• Willingness to undertake training to obtain a forklift licence and spraying qualification if not currently possessed
The position is a 40hr week (with the opportunity for overtime during busy periods), working Monday to Friday from 8am to 5pm, with 1 hour unpaid (30 minutes for lunch and two 15-minute breaks). During the spring months you will be required to work on a Saturday on a rota basis, this can be taken as a day in lieu or as additional pay.
• Competitive pay (dependent on experience)
• Company pension
• Holiday entitlement is 28 days per year. Restrictions apply.
• Employee discount
• On-site parking
• Training and development opportunities
To apply please forward your C.V to [email protected]
If you have not heard anything from us 14 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.