We are looking for an enthusiastic team player required to join a friendly and hard-working workforce here at Trevena Cross as a Garden Centre Retail Assistant. This is a seasonal position but could potentially lead to a permanent position.
We are offering a full-time position covering 5 days a week (Tuesday to Saturday). There may be additional days to cover i.e. holidays etc. The hours are from 9am to 5pm with 1 hour unpaid (half hour lunch and two 15 minute breaks).
• Serving customers in an efficient and friendly manner
• Unpacking, organising and pricing stock
• Merchandising duties, creating attractive, innovative, and inviting shop displays
• First line telephone contact, speaking to customers/suppliers and channeling queries to the appropriate department
• Supporting the Garden Centre Manager and the rest of the team with ad hoc duties as required
• Previous retail/merchandising experience required, preferably across a mixed product range
• Excellent people/customer service skills
• Work well under pressure and are a team player
• Good maths skills for handling cash/epos transactions
• Highly driven, keen to progress and make the role their own and help the business grow
• Be proactive and take own initiative and assist colleagues and customers to ensure smooth day to day running of the company
• Horticultural knowledge would be preferred but not essential
• The salary is attractive and negotiable dependent upon skills and experience
• This is an exciting opportunity to extend your existing plant knowledge whilst delivering the best service
• Working within a friendly team environment
• Staff discount
If you would like to be considered for the role, please forward your C.V to email@example.com
Alternatively you can drop a copy in the shop or post to Trevena Cross Nurseries, Breage, Helston, TR13 9ND.
If you have not heard anything from us 14 days after the closing date, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.