Vacancy for a Retail Assistant (UPDATE: applications now closed)
A vacancy for a Retail Assistant has become available, and an enthusiastic team player is now required to join a friendly and hardworking shop team here at Trevena Cross.
Full time position, working five days a week, 9am-5pm, to include one weekend day.
Full staff training will be provided to ensure that the candidate has full knowledge of the business and feels confident in the role.
• Serving customers in an efficient, friendly manner
• Unpacking, organising and pricing stock
• Merchandising duties, creating attractive, innovative and inviting shop displays
• Stock control, product re-ordering, new product introduction, liaising with sales reps to secure the best deals for the business
• First line telephone contact, speaking with customers/suppliers, channelling queries to appropriate colleagues
• Supporting the Shop Manager and the rest of the team with ad hoc duties as required
• Previous retail / merchandising experience required, preferably across a mixed product range
• Excellent people/customer service skills
• Good under pressure and flexible worker
• Good maths skills (for handling transactions/money)
• Highly driven, keen to progress and make the role their own
• Keen to learn and grow with the business
• Take own initiative and generate new ideas to help support business improvements/growth
• Salary to be agreed on progression through the application process
• Excellent staff discount
• 28 days holiday a year & pension option
Trevena Cross is an independent; family owned and run nursery and garden centre of more than 40 years, spanning a 35+ acre site. It grows more than 90% of the plants that it sells on site, setting it apart from your average garden centre. It stocks a comprehensive range of garden sundries, and houses one of the biggest gift departments in West Cornwall, offering a wide variety of quality kitchenware, homeware, personal gifts and young children’s toys. The Garden Kitchen Café (separately managed) is also on site, offering a full menu of breakfasts, main meals, snacks, desserts, cakes and beverages.
It is an exciting time to join and contribute to a business in a period of growth. Recent big investment in centre improvements and developments has been made to help ensure that the business continues to go from strength to strength, and is prepared to welcome the ever increasing footfall it’s been experiencing.
To apply, email your CV to email@example.com or drop it in/send it to: Trevena Cross Nurseries, Breage, Helston, TR13 9PY by Tuesday 9th October 2018.
UPDATE: APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED.