We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Plant Nursery Assistant to join our Horticultural Team at our Nurseries to help ensure that the nursery stock is grown to the highest quality. Our Nurseries span across 35 acres so there is never a shortage of plants that need tending and jobs that need completing.
• Carrying out roles as required to produce plants in our nursery
• Operating nursery machinery such as potting machine, seeder & transplanting machine
• Offloading deliveries and movement of stock and plant materials around the nurseries
• General maintenance and plant care – could include watering & irrigation, weeding, pruning, propagation, cleaning etc
• Labelling of products
• Grading and sorting plants as required
• Pest and disease control in polytunnels, and across wider Nurseries and Garden Centre. Could include spraying, biological pest control and rodent control
• General maintenance and repairs to fences, tunnels, irrigation and working areas
• Supporting the Nursery Manager and the rest of the team with jobs and duties as required
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties, and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation.
• The successful applicant will need to have the ability to work in all weathers, have a positive can-do attitude, good level of fitness and a willingness to learn and progress
• A driving license is essential for the role, as the plants require moving around the Nursery and down to the Garden Centre
• A forklift licence and spraying qualification are required. However, consideration will be given to the right candidate who would be willing to commit to the training if they do not currently possess these qualifications
• Some plant knowledge and horticultural experience would be helpful, but not essential, as training will be given
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent. The position is for a 40 hour week with the opportunity for overtime during busy periods, working Monday to Friday from 8am to 5pm, with 1 hour unpaid (30 minutes for lunch and two 15-minute breaks). During the spring months you will be required to work on a Saturday on a rota basis. This can be taken as a day in lieu or as additional pay.
• Company Pension
• Holiday entitlement is 28 days per year. Restrictions apply.
• Employee Discount
• On-site Parking
• Training and Development Opportunities
Starting Salary: £9.50-£10.00 per hour
To apply please forward your C.V to Carley Nicholas at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have not heard anything from us 14 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.