We are seeking a skilled and experienced Garden Nursery Manager to join our team. This is a very exciting role with a variety of responsibilities. You will have overall responsibility in ensuring that the nursery stock is grown to the highest quality. You will be liaising with members of the team to ensure everyone is working efficiently in all areas, including stock management and wastage. You will be a key link between the nursery team and the Garden Centre teams.
This role is perfect for a strong leader with experience in commercial horticulture. You will have worked within a commercial growing environment before and have strong plant knowledge. You will be responsible for overseeing many areas within the business and be confident leading and motivating the team. It will be a very hands-on, outdoors role, so you must be prepared to get stuck in when needed and support the business where required.
• To support the owner in fulfilling the nursery growing and production plans.
• Supervising the growing team duties to include weeding, irrigation, feeding, pruning, disease and pest control also ensure all records are maintained and updated.
• Whilst keeping quality in mind, this is a commercial business where you need to work efficiently.
• Creating a culture of continuous improvement
This is a hands-on role and you will be working with your team to drive forward the performance of production.
• Skilled and experienced in plant care and maintenance tasks.
• Ideally you will have at least 2 years’ experience working in a commercial growing nursery.
• Due to the size of plants grown, you will need to be physically fit.
• You must be prepared to work outside in a range of weather conditions.
• PA1 & PA6 certificates desirable.
• Clean full UK Driving Licence.
• Forklift Ticket.
• Horticultural qualifications desirable.
• Enthusiasm to increase knowledge base of Botanic plant names (Latin).
• Hands on approach and the ability to work in all weather conditions is essential.
• The ability to motivate people, good communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
• Strong organisational skills and planning on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
• You should possess the ability to work on your own initiative. In addition, contribute good ideas and be solution driven.
• Good team player.
• Courtesy and professionalism are expected at all times both with colleagues and the discerning customer/client base.
• The salary is attractive and negotiable dependent upon skills and experience.
• This is an exciting opportunity to extend your existing plant knowledge whilst delivering the best service.
• Working within a friendly team environment.
• Job satisfaction from working with seasonal variety and able to see production through from propagation, growing and finally product sale.
• Staff discount.
To apply please submit your C.V to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is the 13th January 2021. If you have not heard anything from us 14 days after the closing date (27th Jan) , please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.