Trevena Cross is a family-owned business, providing a huge range of fantastic products. We have a large indoor and outdoor plant area, sundries department and giftware sections. We are now looking for a passionate candidate to join the team as a Garden Centre Assistant.
We are offering a full-time, permanent position working five days covering from Monday to Friday. The hours are from 9am to 5pm with 1 hour unpaid (half hour lunch and two 15-minute breaks) which will be staggered between the staff to ensure there is cover.
- Assisting customers with loading goods i.e. compost/pots etc
- Assisting and advising customers around the garden centre
- Assisting the outdoor planteria teams with duties such as stock watering and feeding, stock rotation and maintenance
- Transportation of stock and removing dead stock and waste
- Unloading new stock, checking deliveries in against the delivery notes and distributing stock around garden centre for displaying
- General house keeping around the Garden Centre ensuring the grounds are kept tidy and free from hazards
- Assisting in the shop with overflow of customers in an efficient and friendly manner
- Assisting in shop with distribution and pricing of stock and displays
- Assisting nursery team as and when required
- Supporting the Garden Centre Manager, Owner and the rest of the team with any other ad hock duties as required
- During peak times i.e. Spring and run up to Christmas the successful candidate will be expected to work weekends on a rota basis
- Be proactive, take own initiative and assist colleagues and customers to ensure smooth day to day running of the company
- Fit & strong – this role is physical and requires heavy lifting
- Excellent people/customer service skills
- Works well under pressure and is a team player
- Highly driven, keen to progress and make the role their own and help the business grow
- Retail experience with a good knowledge of plants would be an advantage
- Forklift Ticket would be advantageous
- Full UK Driving Licence essential
- The salary is attractive and negotiable dependent upon skills and experience
- This is an exciting opportunity to extend your existing plant knowledge whilst delivering the best service
- Working within a friendly team environment
- Staff discount
Salary: £9.00-£10.00 per hour
To apply for the position of Garden Centre Assistant please email your C.V to Carley Nicholas at firstname.lastname@example.org by the 7th March 2022.
If you have not heard anything from us 14 days after the date you applied, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.