We are finally into the swing of spring…
Here’s giving you 6 reasons to visit Trevena Cross this spring (in case you need them!):
- The biggest selection of home grown bedding and patio plants you’ll find anywhere locally – all grown on site in our nursery, just up the lane from the garden centre. All specially selected varieties, grown for quality and performance. No second rate, cheap seed types, grown abroad, as found in many supermarket and DIY chain stores.
- Grow your own veg, tomatoes, peppers and herbs – all varieties hand picked by owner Graham, based on their productivity, disease resistance, and of course taste. The best performers, tried and tested, make the cut and are grown for garden centre customers
- A vast selection of homegrown shrubs, perennials and hedging plants. In addition to the splashes of colour from seasonal bedding, we have the more permanent plantings, which provide garden structure, and consistency in the garden landscape – as well as different levels of interest and colour throughout the year. A wide range of garden sundries, from pots to tools, composts to fertilisers, are also available to ensure a ‘complete’ garden visit is possible and you are fully equipped to tend to your garden’s needs!
- Some bought in ‘wow factor’. Some plants are just so slow growing or difficult to grow in vast quantities that we get a little outside help. Most recently, we have had a delivery in from Italy, with a lovely selection of palms, bay trees, photinias, conifers, small olives and other delights for you to feast your eyes on and be tempted by!
- Outdoor Living seems to be in real favour this spring! Garden furniture has been highly sought after, and we’re quickly selling out of ours. Lots of you are clearly sprucing up your outdoor areas and treating yourselves to a nice piece to relax on – and who can blame you? Our gardens have been our sanctuaries for well over a year now, and while many have always felt that they ‘belonged’ in the garden, lots of people have been on a journey of ‘self-discovery’ this past year, and now have a new-found love for their garden spaces! Hooray!
- The Garden Kitchen Cafe is open for takeaways currently, and will have its outdoor seating area available for use again from next week when the rules allow, so diners will be able to safely relax in a ‘home from home’ environment to enjoy a cuppa and cake, or a hot snack or meal. What a treat!
So there you have it, if you needed a reason or excuse to visit this spring, here are just a few – a snapshot of what we may be able to tempt you with! We look forward to seeing you soon!